I realized last night that I still need to start with the lightest color. That is yellow. So, I carved the second block for the yellow, and I'm ready to roll.
Now comes the tedious cutting of paper. I also need to decide how many prints I want to make. I am concerned about running into registration issues and having lots of ruined prints. I'm inclined to make 35 so that I will have lots to ruin. Worst case is that I wear myself out printing it. I'm looking forward to getting a press. I need $569, and every bit of money that comes in is going to be earmarked for the press. My shoulders do not like hand printing!
I made a little proof print to see if the carving is accurate. It looks pretty good. I only see one little place that is misaligned, but it's very minor. These are NOT the colors - it's just a test print.

No comments:
Post a Comment